Full-Time Team Member Librarian – Nagaur
The librarian’s main duty is to quickly deliver information to all patrons of the library. The librarian will locate materials, find relevant and pertinent journal articles with supporting evidence, check citations, and provide requested information in a timely manner. In order to encourage the integration and usage of information into the everyday work flow, the librarian is also responsible for training effective information retrieval to library users.
Job Title : Team Member Librarian
Location : Nagaur, Rajasthan, India
Salary : $ 24.65 per hour.
Company : Timken Company
Job Type : Full-Time
- Selects library books, periodicals and materials for purchase.
- Class library orientations can be given if teachers request them.
- Participate at professional gatherings, serve on committees, and attend workshops to stay current on information management trends.
- Creates and keeps up a well-balanced collection that is suitable for the demands of the detainee population that is being assigned.
- Serve all library patrons and coworkers with the highest standards of service.
- Recommends library procedures and regulations for the Center.
- Helps the Library Director create, revise, and implement library-wide policies and procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, and reports necessary records for circulation, inventory, newspapers, and magazines.
- Maintains, arranges, and controls the lending of library resources.
- As a member of the collection development team, recommend suitable online resources in the above subject areas. This includes regularly evaluating and testing the usability of electronic books, journals, and new electronic resources.
- Capability to identify information needs and give evidence of extra value
- One (1) year work experience and/or training preferred in the operation and maintenance of a small institutional library required. Must have overall knowledge of library operations, procedures, and structures as evidenced in work experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills in order to inform and introduce people to library resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in library sciences or related field or provisional/professional Librarian Certification required.
- Exhibit superior talents in accessing several databases on different platforms for literary databases.