Full-Time Team Member Accounting analyst – Oman
Our finance department is in need of a bright and curious Accounting Analyst. A rare chance to join a fast-growing FinTech firm with a friendly and cooperative work environment and entrepreneurial teammates is presented here. As a member of this team, you’ll put your great accounting talents to use by overseeing internal accounting procedures and learning about all aspects of the accounting and reporting cycle in a dynamic, fast-paced workplace.
Job Title : Team Member Accounting analyst
Location : Oman, Oman, Oman
Salary : $ 29.28 per hour.
Company : First Data Corp.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Accounts payable, asset management, and other subledger entries should be used to record general ledger transactions and to produce accrual basis accounting entries. Work with business partners to ensure that they are aware of any system updates and new rules.
- The provision of quarterly and annual reporting to the tax department, the regular preparation of forecasts for financial planning purposes, the provision of financial support and reporting for fleet activities, when necessary, the comprehension of standard cost accounting, and assistance with data requests from the fleet department are all examples of what is required.
- In order to comply with GAAP and SOX, the global accounting team must work closely with the facility’s leadership and other members of the facility team in order to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- To assist the creation, application, or assessment of analytical and accounting-related programmers and procedures, one gathers data, compiles it, and then gives oral and written reports. Determines areas of the present systems and practices that need to be examined for improvement.
- Prepaid scheduling, billing/invoicing, and fee computations are tasks that must be completed as part of the monthly process of closing the books on the business’ finances. By doing this, it is ensured that tax returns are submitted on time and with accuracy.
- It’s his or her job to help the organization build balancing processes and provide exception reports so that out-of-balance reports in reconciled reports may be examined and corrected. During the release testing phase, he must check that there are no issues with data quality that might impact the financial statements or the procedures.
- Cooperative working relationships are maintained with other finance departments as well as the corporate department they support, reports results to others and aids others in understanding financial matters, collaborates with manager to establish specific goals and plans to priorities and organize project/department goals.
- Establish a tight working relationship with the accounting department to make that period closure activities are completed on time and properly. The fixed asset ledger should also be examined and updated on a regular basis, along with daily accounting activities.
- Prioritize and identify open production issues with the help of accounting managers; identify process flows to find impacted functional groups to identify stakeholders for issue resolution; and conduct root cause analysis across several environments to find out what’s going on.
- Review and input of vendor invoices and check requests, prompt follow-up with colleagues and/or vendors on invoice exceptions, and verification of codes, signatures, and required supporting documentation are all important to guarantee compliance with the payables policy.
- Candidates must be self-driven, meticulous, and able to properly plan out and manage their time, as well as priorities activities, take responsibility for issues, and make well-informed decisions. Computer abilities and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
- For this role, the capacity to gather and analyses data in order to provide recommendations to top management is essential. A bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in advanced reporting and analytical skills are prerequisites for this position.
- Prior accounting or financial experience of at least 3 years. Internal candidates are preferred, as they do not have to meet the same time-on-the-job requirement. The required job duties are largely sedentary in nature and only occasionally involve walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying objects weighing no more than ten pounds as well as speaking, hearing, and seeing.
- Complete awareness of the processes, systems, operations, standards, and reports that are relevant to financial reporting. Proficient use of SQL query tools.
- Self-improvement and advocating for your coworkers go hand in hand when you’re trying to make it in an organization that moves at breakneck speed. Attention to detail and excellent organizational abilities are essential for this role. Employees who can’t keep regular office hours aren’t qualified for this position.