Full-Time Summer Intern- Transportation Manager – Sitra
In a multi-state area, the Transportation Manager is in charge of providing supervision and leadership for the efficient and cost-effective transportation of merchandise from distribution warehouses to retail outlets. Serves as the site’s point of contact for transportation and delivery issues with outside carriers. Demonstrate the company’s fundamental values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusiveness, and safety by acting as a role model.
Job Title : Summer Intern- Transportation Manager
Location : Sitra, Sitra, Bahrain
Salary : $ 25.61 per hour.
Company : Legg Mason Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Develop, manage, and present customer-specific data and financial analyses via face-to-face contacts at the customer’s site, analyze fleet operations and profitability, and offer suggestions for ongoing improvement.
- Payroll processing, monitoring Net Revenue budgeting, offering driver counseling and accident reviews, creating and filing records and reports, and resolving pay disputes are just some of the administrative chores that must be completed.
- Performs performance evaluations as needed. Provides constructive criticism and ideas for ways to enhance the performance of employees. Establishes objectives for staff and monitors progress. A corrective action plan is drawn up and implemented to guarantee that all workers are treated equally. Resolves issues with employees in a timely manner.
- Utilize personnel management, which includes training and orientation of drivers and/or workers, as well as training and support with both internal and third party (customer) systems.
- Assumes responsibility for helping to design and execute efficient transportation planning, budgeting, policies, and procedures, and is accountable for doing so.
- Build and maintain excellent professional relationships with drivers and safe, trustworthy outside carriers to enable smooth new carrier set-up, reduce turnover, and improve productivity.
- Determines the rental and maintenance requirements for the necessary equipment. Involved in implementing and maintaining on-board and navigational computers systems.
- The creation and execution of programs to meet recognized wants and demands. An employee training follow-up is essential in order to ensure that personnel are adequately taught (e.g. customer service, equipment, safety)
- Sets goals, delegate tasks, and communicates well. Informative. Ensures staff is well-informed. Informs, trains, and solves issues via meetings. Ensures staff comprehend company regulations and customer service.
- makes ensuring corporate strategy, goals, visions and values are aligned with transportation policies in order to achieve stated aims
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED);
INSERT INTO `wp_randomize` (`randomize_id`, `category`, `text`, `visible`, `user_id`, `timestamp`) VALUES three to four years of experience in customer service, administration, or a field related to transportation; one to two years of experience supervising employees; ability to work across multiple shifts, including nights and/or weekends if necessary. among the things that need to be done are settling disagreements about salary and other compensation issues.
- Prior knowledge of an electronic log system, Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications is required.
- Possessing the ability to engage in a constructive way, in addition to having highly developed abilities in concentrating on customers and managing vendors.
- Capability of managing a wide variety of corporate tasks concurrently while ensuring adherence to established company regulations and financial requirements, Capacity for problem analysis, identification of underlying issues, and the development of appropriate responses
- Requires skills in areas like analysis, finances, judgment, and decision-making. abilities in negotiation and a never-ending ambition to improve.