Full-Time Sr. Planner – Muscat
As a member of the city planning team, the City Planner may work on a wide range of initiatives, from comprehensive and area planning to zoning updates and revisions, flood zone management, and historic preservation. Part of the Professional Planner career path is this job opportunity.
Job Title : Sr. Planner
Location : Muscat, Masqaṭ, Oman
Salary : $ 47.06 per hour.
Company : BFJ Planning
Job Type : Full-Time
- Operates a range of office equipment, applications, and operations that are usual in a contemporary commercial office competently.
- Documents for public hearings, meetings, and board presentations are prepared by this person. The City Council, Planning Commissions, Architectural Design Review Boards, and the general public are provided with comprehensive reports on all construction projects.
- The ability to express complicated material efficiently, precisely, and correctly in both spoken and written form is essential.
- The person in charge of planning and implementing community and stakeholder engagement projects.
- It is this individual that assists with goal setting and goal improvement when there is a large amount of data and study being conducted.
- The development application process includes acquiring, examining for completeness, and processing development applications that include site plans, subdivision requests, conditional use permits, and other land development proposals; ensuring that applications comply with the Urban Development Code and the Comprehensive Plan; and ensuring that applications comply with the Comprehensive Plan.
- For the purpose of ensuring the creation of programs for accumulating as well as evaluating data on economic, social and physical aspects that impact land use as well as for creating visual and narrative reports on data.
- Implement a daily delivery schedule that maximizes the utilization of current equipment, staff, and resources in order to maintain an efficient operation and meet or exceed the expectations of your customers.
- Assist with creating and managing the Comprehensive Plan, which includes organising, presenting, writing, and processing plan chapters and modifications, status reports, and other relevant operations.
- The city’s planner oversees zoning and urban design. This role recommends and implements changes to the city’s zoning plan approval process or urban planning programme (i.e amendments to the plans, site plans, drawings, and reports, etc).
- A person who can solve problems and make good decisions; thinks quickly and rationally; and stays calm in difficult situations is good at what they do.
- Having a good understanding of a community’s physical, social, and cultural features is very important. Current and future trends in site and urban planning also need to be known. A good understanding of legal principles is very important when it comes to land use rules and real estate, as well as when it comes to building and development.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Urban or Environmental Design or Regional Planning, and six (6) years of professional experience in municipal planning and Zoning with at least two (2) years in a supervising capacity are required for this position
- Willingness and aptitude to rapidly grasp local zoning laws, regulations, and ordinances are necessary.
- Professional-level knowledge and expertise using urban planning and redevelopment ideas and methods.