Full-Time Senior Staff Managing Editor – Patan
As managing editor, you will be in charge of seeing a certain product line through from contract signing to final delivery. Tasks include keeping in touch with the writer/editor throughout the project’s duration, monitoring costs, schedules, and financial output budgets, keeping stakeholders apprised of any changes, and guaranteeing the quality of the final product (s).
Job Title : Senior Staff Managing Editor
Location : Patan, Gujarat, India
Salary : $ 31.14 per hour.
Company : ExxonMobil Corporation
Job Type : Full-Time
- Keeping in close contact with the author as they create content, briefing them on upcoming workflow stages, and outlining author duties and the content development and production processes; accepting the author’s submission.
- manage ongoing updates to the company’s style guide, with an emphasis on more welcoming and egalitarian wording.
- Work with freelance or permanent designers, writers, copy editors, and producers.
- Establishing a timeline and working with Editorial to make sure the right data is in the system from the contracting stage through the product life cycle
- Work with retail team, community museums, and print-on-demand vendors to fulfill retail and wholesale orders.
- Find ways to make money, such as selling magazines at retail establishments like bookstores, and take the initiative to build a profitable advertising program across all of your content distribution platforms.
- Help other teams come up with compelling copy for things like exhibit labels, event flyers, and membership brochures.
- Monitoring the state of projects over the whole content lifecycle, updating the schedule as necessary, and informing stakeholders of any delays compared to the fiscal year’s goals are all part of this role.
- Working with Editorial/Senior Managing Editor to establish future year pub plans, using knowledge of the publishing program, author base.
- Spending on a project should be compared to the estimated budget using the right tool, with red flags raised to the appropriate parties so that they may be addressed.
- Oversees research and negotiation for permissions and fees for artwork, photography, and copyrighted material for use in Journals.
- comprehensive experience with the Microsoft Office suite and electronic communication.
- expertise in digital book publishing processes and other forms of media production.
- is aware of and able to execute all phases of content creation on time, including but not limited to ideation, production, and distribution.
- is aware of how decisions made in a company’s operations affect the bottom line, the flow of cash, and returns on investment (ROI).