Full-Time Senior Department Manager – Saki
To achieve the company’s financial and promotional goals, a Department Manager is responsible for leading and directing the actions of departmental staff. Manages the planning and execution of sales campaigns. Knowledge of current products, familiarity with offerings, and experience with customer interactions all play a part in this role, as does the ability to assist customers and make product decision recommendations. Proven ability to execute initiatives, drive profitable sales, and keep costs under control through in-depth understanding of systems, strategies, the industry, and the competitive landscape. Manages and carries out the company’s plans and initiatives efficiently. Controls that all company rules are followed.
Job Title : Senior Department Manager
Location : Saki, Oyo, Nigeria
Salary : $ 29.89 per hour.
Company : Agway Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Serves as a link between the Store and the Planner and is in charge of in-store merchandise presentation from the stockroom to the sales floor.
- Supervises department staff, including allocating and grading work, as well as interviewing, hiring, and training new hires.
- Takes care of processing and notifying customers of special orders.
- Maintains adequate stock, inventory placement, and service standards through daily store inspections.
- Establishes excellent relationships with other shop employees and school organizations for promotional opportunities, special events, and support with off-site sales.
- Creates and keeps displays that adhere to the policies of the firm.
- Answers questions and addresses concerns from students, instructors, staff, alumni, and other customers, and takes action to resolve escalated situations.
- Executes Home Office-ordered markups and markdowns, evaluates financial data, handles purchase orders, and authorizes bills.
- Possible duties include acting as manager of the store when the regular manager is absent and overseeing several departments.
- Partners to establish and uphold a culture of hassle-free customer service that emphasizes solutions-based selling and a superior client experience.
- Having managed 25+ hourly employees for at least two years in a managerial position.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Work flexible hours and shifts as needed to meet the demands of the business.
- Industry-trained in the application of Health & Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Leadership and management skills that have been proven.