Full-Time Second Shift Dental Insurance Coordinator – Doha
The Dental Insurance Coordinator is critical to the practice’s success! This is an excellent opportunity for someone who appreciates assisting patients in maximizing their dental insurance benefits while providing the highest-quality, comprehensive treatment possible. We are a group of people that like collaborating to provide a one-of-a-kind patient experience that stands out in the dentistry community.
Job Title : Second Shift Dental Insurance Coordinator
Location : Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Salary : $ 36.4 per hour.
Company : Avista Corporation
Job Type : Full-Time
- By helping everyone on staff keep an environment that works well and makes every patient’s visit pleasant and memorable, you are promoting collaboration.
- Check in patients as soon as they arrive, ask about any changes to their medical history or insurance information, and give them a warm welcome and undivided attention. The dental software should be updated as needed.
- Check weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to make sure that customers and insurance companies have paid. Putting up forms that have been filled out to verify insurance.
- Patients have a right to be informed not just about the treatment plans but also about the estimated costs. Help patients understand their dental insurance coverage and the payment choices available for treatments that may not be covered.
- Regarding claims, treatment plans, and pre-authorization, consult insurance and Medicaid. Calculate dental copays and benefits Inform dentists and employees of CDT code updates.
- Waiting areas and front desks should be kept in pristine condition at all times to create an attractive atmosphere. Maintain cleanliness and order in the areas where you spend the most time each day. A thorough once-a-week housecleaning includes vacuuming and cleaning the corners and edges of the room, as well as mopping and dusting.
- Investigating the patient’s medical insurance and informing them about their plans Insurance claims that have yet to be paid are being kept track of.
- Regularly retrieve and listen to clinic voicemails. Answer all incoming calls within three rings and use proper phone etiquette on every call.
- You should plan to give new customers gifts and show them around your dental office while pointing out all the benefits they’ll get from choosing (Your business) Dental. During the tour, point out things that are important to the care and treatment of the patient in question.
- Get the paperwork for a new patient and look for the patient and/or patient’s family to make sure there are no duplicate patients in the system. Enter all of the information into the system and check for spelling mistakes and correct information. When the new patient is ready, let the back office know.
- High level of interpersonal and verbal fluency. PPO/FFS Dental Insurance Plans: A Quick Guide Disciplined work habits and meticulous attention to detail are a must. an understanding of dental software is a plus
- Knowledge of dental terminology and insurance benefits is essential for at least 2 years of dental office experience. An advantage but not a necessity is familiarity with SoftDent’s dental software
- Capacity to create and sustain lasting connections with patients and coworkers A proven track record, an adult perspective, and a willingness to work as part of a team
- If you know about Open Dental Software, that’s a plus. A background in accounting is preferred, but not required. High school or the equivalent is preferred (Required)
- Excellent customer service, professional communication skills, problem-solving talents, multitasking skills, and dedication to seeing a project to conclusion.