Full-Time School Secretary – Remote – Umm Salal
The School Secretary works under the direction of the principal or another school administrator, providing clerical, secretarial, and administrative support to school administrators at a school site, relaying information about school functions and procedures, as well as supporting the broad range of services provided to students, parents, instructional, and support staff, and coordinating the work of other school clerical employees.
Job Title : School Secretary – Remote
Location : Umm Salal, Umm Salal, Qatar
Salary : $ 22.91 per hour.
Company : Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- In answer to queries given by students, parents, and/or staff, provides information, facilitates contact between parties, and/or provides direction.
- Helps, oversees, and runs the daily business of the school office. Oversees and does work related to enrollment, withdrawal, student records, student and staff absences, substitute teacher assignments, staff activities, the receptionist, and the phones. Makes a variety of reports and records related to following rules and keeping track of students.
- All funds collected and deposited for students, tax credits and other auxiliary accounts are kept in a database. An individual in charge of requisitions and spending tracking. Maintains supplies for the office and workers. Records charitable contributions. An insurance/theft report preparer
- Provides information to the public on school rules and procedures, answers the telephone or serves as the school receptionist, routes visits and calls, and secures and distributes information to the public.
- Training is offered/recommended. Projects and tasks are organized, planned, and assigned. Establishes objectives, goals, and priorities. Work is evaluated based on its performance. Provides guidance and assistance. Notifies personnel of new or updated information.
- It is the job of a secretary to compile paperwork for the school principal or other school officials to seek or provide information regarding school and work-related topics (e.g. school and work-related activities and events).
- In charge of the school’s administrative schedule and facilities used by personnel and other agencies. Keeps track of lease agreements. Updates and maintains personnel records for new hires, present employees, and employees who are being transferred or terminated.
- Exhibit a high level of ethics and professionalism in your interactions with everyone who interacts with or is linked with the office. Act as a good example for other people, including students and staff, by displaying an excellent work ethic, suitable clothes, and a cheerful attitude.
- Assists in organizing and arranging school events and activities, as well as keeping a calendar of school and student events in order to coordinate and schedule events such as orientation, open house, field excursions, athletic events, assemblies, and conferences, etc.
- The goal of giving support, guiding, leading, training, and coordinating the work of school clerical personnel is to provide help with administrative responsibilities.
- Communication and relationship-building skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of people within the school system.
- You must have a high school diploma or its equivalent; ideally, you should have an associate’s degree with business, mathematics, word processing, office procedures, and record keeping curriculum.
- Must pass a criminal background check and a drug test. Must have computer and data processing, as well as typing, talents Must exhibit personality attributes that facilitate close collaboration with all school workers and the general public.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, administrators, colleagues, employees, students, parents, and the general public.
- For any role that requires this degree of knowledge or education, it is very necessary to have a comprehensive awareness of the many ideas and practices related to management and supervision.