Part-Time Research Economist – Ilaro
The candidate with good quantitative modelling abilities and the ability to use statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methodologies is required for this position. The applicant should be able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders in order to turn data-driven results into actionable insights. The ideal applicant is a self-starter who is comfortable with uncertainty, has excellent attention to detail, and can operate in a fast-paced, constantly changing workplace.
Job Title : Research Economist
Location : Ilaro, Ogun, Nigeria
Salary : $ 40.25 per hour.
Company : Revelio Labs
Job Type : Part-Time
- Ensure that the department’s toolbox and products continue to evolve in order to satisfy business demands, including the introduction of new and innovative solutions.
- Conduct economic research, assess and interpret economic data, generate benefit estimates, and present findings under the direction of a senior economist.
- Conduct surveys to collect economic data, compare previously supplied data to current circumstances, and uncover links between key economic features for explicitly defined goals.
- Work collaboratively with other economists and senior executives to convey and present economic concepts and quantitative data to non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Depending on concerns presented by research sponsors, management, or senior staff, plan the study, organize the implementation, and deliver the findings.
- It is necessary to gather and examine current data, as well as to undertake research to uncover new data sources for analytic purposes.
- Mathematical models and statistical techniques must be used to analyze data.
- To evaluate and forecast market activity, it’s vital to look back at historical trends.
- Determines and recommends schedules and methods for delivering economic and financial data in accordance with established reporting requirements, processes, and procedures; makes recommendations to aid in the development of budget and economic goals and objectives that are in line with strategic planning efforts.
- Contribute to analytical research projects on a range of economic policy issues on behalf of public and private sector clients (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- The applicant must be self-motivated, willing to learn, and capable of taking on leadership duties in order to be considered for the role.
- Writing and public speaking abilities that can be customized to many audiences, including corporate, media/press, academic/technical/political audiences.
- Teaching duties at a college or institution that includes both classroom instruction and one of the following: (1) personal research with proof of results, (2) supervision of graduate theses in economics, or (3) work as a consultant or advisor on technical economics problems.
- Economic theory and three of either statistics, accounting, or calculus were necessary for the 21 semester hour’s minimum.
- Recent economic study on entrepreneurship, small business, employment, and labor market dynamics is required.