27 May 2023
Full-Time Principal Transportation Manager – Mushin
Responsible for procuring transportation services to guarantee that the company’s clients get merchandise in good condition, within deadlines and within budgets. As part of this role, you will be responsible for determining the optimal techniques and processes for transporting products from production facilities to warehouses and/or consumers.
Job Title : Principal Transportation Manager
Location : Mushin, Lagos, Nigeria
Salary : $ 25.65 per hour.
Company : Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Planned equipment and determined rental and maintenance needs are taken into consideration. Maintains and implements computerized on-board and navigation systems
- Analyze fleet operations and profitability and provide suggestions for continuous improvement; define and monitor KPIs; construct, manage, and deliver customer-specific reporting and financial analyses face-to-face.
- Employ personnel management strategies such as training and orientation for drivers and/or workers, as well as providing training and support with internal and third party (customer) systems.
- Performs performance assessments. Provides staff feedback and ideas. Sets staff performance targets. Formulates and executes remedial measures as appropriate; assures workers are treated equitably. Fixes worker issues quickly.
- It is your job to help in the creation and execution of efficient transportation planning, budgeting, policies and procedures.
- Many clerical duties are required, including processing payroll and monitoring Net-Revenue budgets; giving driver counseling; conducting accident reviews; compiling and filing records and reports; and settling pay disputes.
- Develops and executes training programs to suit the requirements of the organization. An employee training follow-up is necessary to verify that employees are properly trained (e.g. customer service, equipment, and safety). Workers are cross-trained.
- Develop and maintain excellent professional relationships with drivers and safe, dependable outside carriers to provide a flawless onboarding process for new carriers, decrease employee attrition, and enhance continuing productivity.
- Sets goals, delegates tasks, and communicates in a way that shows leadership. Keeps a good flow of information. Makes sure that everyone is up-to-date and well-informed. Holds meetings to inform, train, and look for solutions to problems that have been identified. Makes sure that employees know the company’s rules and procedures, as well as how important customer service is.
- satisfies stated objectives and ensures that corporate strategies, goals, missions, vision, and values are supported and enhanced by transportation policies
- understanding on how to use a computerized log system that is already operational. In order to be considered for this role, you must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Possess strong customer focus and vendor management skills, as well as the ability to interact with others in a positive way.
- High School Diploma/GED required, as well as 3-4 years of Transportation Customer Service, Administrative, or similar experience and/or 1-2 years of supervisory experience; ability to work different hours, including evenings and/or weekends if necessary. Among the tasks that must be completed are settling pay disputes.
- Having the ability to handle many business tasks concurrently and maintain compliance with corporate policy and financial requirements, Dissecting and identifying the fundamental causes of issues and implementing solutions
- Requires skills in areas like analysis, finances, judgment, and decision-making. abilities in negotiation and a never-ending ambition to improve.