Full-Time Principal Medical Front Desk Clerk – Magallanes
The major responsibility of this role is to serve as the Center’s initial point of contact with visitors, families, and employees. The Medical Front Desk Clerk is in charge of greeting members, families, visitors, and employees both in person and over the phone, updating medical insurance, collecting and tracking therapy plan of care documents, scheduling appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing general administrative support to the therapy department and the agency.
Job Title : Principal Medical Front Desk Clerk
Location : Magallanes, Agusan del Norte Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 30.37 per hour.
Company : Wallace Computer Services Inc
Job Type : Full-Time
- Having the ability to accurately collect all necessary patient documents.
- A patient should be greeted and checked in as soon as they arrive at the clinic. You can further assist them in departing by providing them with a schedule of upcoming appointments and doing a check out.
- Accept and route calls, take and convey messages, and otherwise serve as the front desk’s primary point of contact.
- Collecting fees entails managing patient credit, filing, collecting, and processing third-party claims as quickly as possible.
- Always maintain a friendly and businesslike demeanor when greeting clients, staff, and their families.
- Plan patient visits in a way that maximizes time with the doctor while also allowing for timely, high-quality service.
- Always be up-to-date with your services so you can serve your customers and visitors better.
- Other work related to the site’s departmental and agency objectives will be assigned as needed.
- Remind prospective customers and customers who don’t often use your services of forthcoming appointments.
- Sign-in packages delivered to the Center and notify staff of delivery.
- Ability to get along well with others in the workplace, including customers, coworkers, and superiors; the knack for keeping the peace in the office through one’s actions and words.
- Maintain a high degree of organization and focus while juggling multiple projects and obligations.
- Interact with patients, set up appointments, and plan surgeries by using your excellent communication skills.
- Treat patients with kindness and respect, answer their questions, and fill them in on the latest happenings at the clinic.
- a minimum of one year of administrative experience, ideally in the medical field