Full-Time Plumber Helper – F/T – P/T – Shomolu
As a Plumber Helper, you’ll install, repair, and troubleshoot plumbing in our housing complexes. This role will work with the plumbing team to detect plumbing problems and make repairs.
Job Title : Plumber Helper – F/T – P/T
Location : Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria
Salary : $ 21.18 per hour.
Company : Martin Marietta Materials Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Study isometrics, single- and double-line diagrams, shop fabrication diagrams and mechanical schematics so that you can read and understand them.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes made of a range of metal and nonmetal materials using a variety of hand and power equipment.
- Maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic components, such as pumps and cylinders, may be done using hand tools. Install and repair pneumatic and hydraulic controls and pipes, as well as pumps and meters, in accordance with designs and specifications using hand and power equipment.
- Inspections the structure with the assistance of others to detect any obstructions that must be avoided in order to prevent the structure from becoming weaker as a result of pipe installation.
- To lift and lower weights, different rigging tools are used. Increase the pressure in the pipes to see if any leaks show up, then watch the gauges connected to the pipes for any signs of leaks.
- This particular tradesperson is responsible for the assembly and installation of pipe fittings, valves, and pipes made of non-metals such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic in addition to metals such as iron, steel, brass, and lead. These pipes may also include lead.
- Repair or construct plumbing fixtures and equipment in accordance with project requirements or plumbing legislation. PVC pipe installation and placement
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of multifamily apartment fixtures such as sinks, toilets, showers, and bathtubs. Determine the cause of plumbing problems and malfunctions and execute repairs as specified in work orders.
- A pipe fitter is a person who locates, marks, and cuts pipe and pipe connections, as well as the passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, and then caulks them.
- Assists Plumber in all areas of duty. Examines building designs and working drawings to identify needed work aids and installation sequence.
- Six to one year of work-related experience; or a combination of a high school diploma and the General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Use simple hand tools like hammers, screwdrivers, and wrenches. Use basic plumbing hand tools well, know how to use a sewer machine, and be able to spot plumbing problems before they happen.
- The ability to work on your own with little help. Being able to get along well with others Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable way to get to and from work.
- Installing PVC, bolting up flanges, and sweating copper among other things quickly and easily. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as the ability to identify and solve complex issues
- The capacity to read and understand documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The capacity to provide standard reports and messages on a regular basis is required.