27 May 2023
Full-Time Phlebotomy Technician – Night Shift – Tuburan
Phlebotomy Technicians work in outpatient, inpatient, outreach (nursing homes, assisted living, hospital outreach) and on-call settings. Performs all phlebotomy duties and specimen collections, including venous, capillary, and glucose tests. Verifies patient insurance and enters in- and out-patient orders.
Job Title : Phlebotomy Technician – Night Shift
Location : Tuburan, Basilan Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 21.33 per hour.
Company : Omnicom Group
Job Type : Full-Time
- Contacting the physician, the nurse, or the reference laboratory in order to resolve unexpected or unclear test orders, and documenting the steps that were performed. Please address any concerns not satisfactorily handled to the relevant supervisor.
- Transfers test requests from scripts, requests, and verbal commands to the HIS and laboratory computer systems.
- Recordings and their corresponding labels test tubes, records processes in a log book, and plans procedures according to the requirements of the project. It ensures that all needed records, reports, and statistics are kept up to date as requested.
- In a professional manner, welcomes patients. As required by hospital policy, verifies patient identification cards. Effectively punctures the skin and heels of every sufferer I’ve ever encountered. Records doctor orders in LIS. Lab standards and procedures require that you label specimens right away.
- Both the test tray and the work area are kept in a sanitary condition. To guarantee the appropriate upkeep of the department’s equipment, assists in the ordering of replacement parts.
- Interacts with study patients on a frequent basis in all in-house and outpatient studies to execute study-related procedures.
- Maintain an accurate record in both the electronic health record and the laboratory information system of all specimen collections and tests conducted in accordance with established protocols. Please let the patient care staff know about any concerns or difficulties that you have.
- Be responsible for blood drawing techniques, including venipuncture and capillary collection, standard labeling, and specimen transportation.
- Contributes to the attainment of departmental goals and objectives while adhering to departmental rules, procedures, quality standards, and safety requirements. Conforms to government and accreditation requirements.
- This role is responsible for performing tasks such as the entry of data and other activities that are necessary to support efficient sample processing.
- You’ll need to be accredited or qualified in phlebotomy by a reputable national organization. Worked at a medical facility as an inpatient for one year
- It is possible that some technical roles call for a certificate, prior experience that has provided the necessary knowledge, skills, and talents, or the capability of training in Phase I technical processes.
- Phlebotomy training from a reputable institution approved to Laboratory Management OR six (6) months of phlebotomy experience
- Completion of a hospital-approved phlebotomy course and six months of phlebotomy experience, plus a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Sample collection procedures including venipuncture, capillary collection (for TB), and respiratory swabs must be understood. the ability to recognize and address the unique challenges faced by a wide range of patient populations