Full-Time Payroll Accountant – Burutu
In your role as a Payroll Accountant, you’ll be responsible for monitoring and administering all areas of US and foreign payrolls, as well as processing vendor bills and expense reports for employees. In order to support future development, the Payroll Accountant will collaborate with Accounting and HR.
Job Title : Payroll Accountant
Location : Burutu, Delta, Nigeria
Salary : $ 31.06 per hour.
Company : CMGI Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Assists with internal and external audits and legislative procedures to ensure that payroll is being processed in line with company policy.
- Establish and maintain connections with key stakeholders such as human resources, benefits, finance, external auditors, and vendors to improve procedures across many departments.
- All monthly payrolls must be authorized and a tight control environment must be maintained for pay cycles.
- Organize multi-state payroll processing, make sure that all employees are paid promptly and correctly, and make sure that all taxes are sent to the proper local authorities. To assure the processing of payroll transactions, including salaries, benefits, garnishments, loans, taxes, and other deductions, this includes, but is not limited to, establishing, maintaining, and monitoring payroll processing systems.
- Assessing the demands of the payroll department strategically can help you create and simplify processes.
- Please note that this job request is a high-level description of the position. Not all tasks are included in this list, and it is not meant to be complete or all-inclusive. As a result, work tasks and/or responsibilities may vary at the discretion of an employee’s immediate supervisor under this job request.
- Oversee the company’s whole payroll function, which includes both exempt and non-exempt employees all throughout the country.
- Assist with payroll account reconciliations for accounting and finance; offer auditors with access to records and supporting information in support of audits.
- It is our obligation to keep our payroll system up to date with our workers’ hourly rates (hours worked), wages (including commissions and bonuses), paid time off and holidays (including accrued vacation), and deductions and withholding (as well as other information). Check the accuracy of our employees’ timekeeping records and solicit their feedback on any irregularities. This role handles payroll adjustments such as new hires, terminations, and pay rate modifications. Tax and benefit deductions from payroll must be precise. Maintain accurate payroll and human resource records.
- Payroll methods, measures, and standards must be established to promote a customer service culture.
- A degree in accounting, management, or economics, as well as substantial industry experience
- Payroll experience of at least 3–4 years is necessary.
- Candidates for this position are required to have a bachelor’s degree in addition to three years of experience working in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience about how income, deductions, and benefits paid by an employer are taxed in different places.
- Knowledge and expertise with expenditure reimbursement and reporting, as well as familiarity with accountable programs, appropriate rules, and legal requirements.