Part-Time Operations Supervisor – Al-Manṣūrah
Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced operation that is critical to the Bank’s overall business? An Operations Supervisor is needed for the Cash Services department. High Speed Processing Operations and employees will be your responsibility, while maintaining compliance with Treasury and Board of Governors rules and internal controls and procedures. You will report to the Cash Services Director. You’ll be a good fit for this position if you’re self-motivated, operationally oriented, like working in a fast-paced workplace, and interested in becoming a thought leader with the capacity to manage compliance and productivity needs while motivating others to do the same.
Job Title : Operations Supervisor
Location : Al-Manṣūrah, Al-Daqahliyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 21.43 per hour.
Company : Executive Snow Control
Job Type : Part-Time
- Confidentiality must be maintained at all times while the area is administered as effectively and professionally as feasible.
- Engage in and maybe lead work groups within the Department or the Bank. As designated, may also lead or participate in Federal Reserve System work groups or initiatives.
- Contributes to departmental/divisional goals. Contributes to product development, policy and service practices, and/or new business and service objectives. Coordination of the team’s action plan to achieve goals/objectives.
- In addition to regular evaluations and coaching, all department employees should get a complete orientation, skills and safety training, essential papers, and other materials as part of their ongoing education.
- Ensure that all documentation related to the transportation of goods, both incoming and outgoing, is completed on time and accurately. Maintain cost management while ensuring timely pick-ups, recoveries, deliveries, and airline and agency choices. For both internal and external clients, assist in the production of rate quotations or shipping costs.
- Supervise and instruct shift-specific customer service, data entry, and/or dispatch and warehousing staff. Ensure that all employees provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Keep complete accounting, reporting, and recordkeeping for the administrative activities of the department in compliance with the company’s internal standards as well as state and federal laws.
- Communicate with employees and others on choices impacting teamwork, process, resources, and other duties. Daily involvement and communication with the Field Engineer in the field is necessary.
- Self-directed team manager (s). Chooses, leads, and coaches staff. Sets team’s general direction. Identifies and conducts team member training. Makes pay, hiring, and firing decisions.
- Examine if the US Treasury’s Currency Operations Manual and the Federal Reserve System’s Custody Control Principles and Standards are being followed.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others. A person’s ability to delegate labor and/or duties to others in order to optimize the efficiency of both the organization and the individual. Customer-oriented. Customers and their demands must always come first; a strong ability to build and maintain effective connections is essential to success.
- It is preferred that applicants have a degree in logistics, supply chain management, transportation, finance, or another topic of a comparable nature, or that applicants have an equivalent mix of work experience and educational attainment. Previous work experience in a relevant or related sector. 2 years of experience supervising employees or serving in a leadership role Experience working in the relevant field is preferred.
- In place of one year of experience, you can have a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement, a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement, or a Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation Therapy or Health Sciences.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet, web-based, and job-specific software. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide using US and/or foreign cash, weight, volume, and distance units.
- a minimum of two years of relevant experience (preferably in a cash handling environment). Applicants with prior banking experience will be given preference. For level II, supervisory experience in an operations team or a similar functional area is essential. At least five years of experience are required for Level III.) Relevant experience includes working with others to fulfill tasks and exhibiting outstanding leadership.