Full-Time Medical assistant – Tuesday to Saturday Shift – Yola
A team-based approach is used by the medical assistant to deliver patient-centered, specialized, evidence-based care throughout the continuum while attending to the patient’s physical and emotional requirements. Patient-centered care is delivered under the direction of a doctor, advanced practice clinician, or nurse leader. a person who is in charge of patient outcomes through teamwork with other members of the care team. Contributes to the clinic’s objectives by taking responsibility for the provision of safe, compassionate treatment and showing a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Job Title : Medical assistant – Tuesday to Saturday Shift
Location : Yola, Adamawa, Nigeria
Salary : $ 34.23 per hour.
Company : Ryder System Inc
Job Type : Full-Time
- In order to guarantee that patients’ needs are met, it is important to adhere to and promote patient rights, respond effectively to emergency codes, express concerns with patients and/or workers, and track and follow all referrals.
- Clean the exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment in between patient visits in order to maintain infection control. Clean the sterilizers according to the scheduled maintenance programmed and keep the appropriate records. Order, sort, store supplies. Restock exam/procedure rooms. Set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
- Medical records, appointments, insurance coverage, demographic information, and paperwork and requisitions from the hospital are all part of the process. Completing and documenting also helps to assure the accuracy and proper storage of the data.
- Patient rights must be respected and promoted. Emergency codes must be responded to correctly. Problems affecting patients or employees should be shared with immediate supervisors as soon as they arise. These are only a handful of the duties that must be carried out by the organization.
- To ensure that the greatest possible outpatient therapy can be delivered to patients, their families, and their physicians, it is critical to monitor vital signs and pain testing. The healthcare team may give a range of physical measurements, including those obtained by patients and professionals, as well as growth charts.
- Vital signs and other relevant health data are collected during visits to patients’ rooms before the patient is ready for examination. All of this is carried out with the help of a doctor or advanced practice clinician who is either supervising, delegating, or otherwise managing the procedure.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by a doctor in accordance with standard of care, gets patients ready for x-rays, procedures, and tests, performs electrocardiograms in accordance with age-specific standards, and shows a commitment to patient safety by raising concerns about safety and making changes to procedures to make them safer.
- Working together as a team to ensure that patients’ needs are fulfilled; reinforcing patient education in order to enhance care outcomes; and aiding in patient discharge from the care facility are just some of the ways in which the care team collaborates.
- Assists doctors and nurses with a variety of procedures, takes medical histories, conducts screening procedures in accordance with provider guidelines, keeps track of patients and their family members, answers calls, and helps with patient movement, dressing, and the collection of samples prior to examinations.
- This job supports the clinical team in managing a specific caseload based on their knowledge and/or experience in an outpatient treatment programmed. (If applicable). This profession necessitates a high level of organization as well as a desire to interact with the general population.
- In addition to having a thorough understanding of patient care and examination procedures and the ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times, this position demands a high degree of organization and attention to detail. Communication with patients and other stakeholders must be polite and effective in this job.
- Fulfilment working relationships with both patients and clinic workers by administering therapy based on age-specific competencies and executing daily clinic preparation chores such as registering patients, arranging appointments, posting charges, and inputting orders. The capacity to perform effectively within the context of a group setting.
- For people without a high school graduation or GED, at least one year of experience working directly with the public is necessary, with a focus on service-related vocations. Understanding of or interest in health care is necessary, as are interpersonal and customer service abilities.
- This role requires working knowledge of sterile techniques and specific procedures that are relevant to the work being done, as well as working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene, and basic health and safety precautions that are relevant to working in a clinic setting.
- Abilities to maintain high levels of quality control, as well as proficiency in a wide range of examination and diagnostic techniques, are also required. The ability to speak clearly and calmly is also required.