Full-Time Legal Secretary – REMOTE OPTION – Surat
The Legal Secretary will be primarily in charge of assisting Partners, Senior Attorneys, Associates, and other Legal Support Staff with all facets of legal document preparation, client communication, and standard office operations. It is necessary to have a keen eye for detail, a dedication to producing high-quality work, and great customer service abilities.
Job Title : Legal Secretary – REMOTE OPTION
Location : Surat, Gujarat, India
Salary : $ 26 per hour.
Company : Jones Apparel Group Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Type and transcribe memos, letters, charts, legal documents and related correspondence for assigned staff.
- Plan and keep track of all court appearances, depositions, and other meetings with your attorney.
- Offering assistance to litigation lawyers includes, but is not limited to, typing and submitting pleadings, scheduling depositions, filing documents, and other needed litigation support services.
- Prepares and mails checks to the appropriate party in accordance with predetermined procedures in order to effect payment.
- Make and keep track of a series of files related to each instance or subject, along with a corresponding electronic journal system.
- Sort out the mail and decide which pieces need to be sent to the client’s lawyer or other departments.
- Case management software is used to keep track of documents and files.
- typing letters and subpoenas, and helping to compile evidence for routine court hearings.
- Maintain a level head while fielding calls and answering the phone.
- Follow the protocol given to you in order to obtain the necessary medical records or other supporting paperwork for the case.
- The basic human needs of seeing, hearing, typing, and talking are universal enough that they must be reachable even without special assistance.
- Draft paperwork in Word or using templates must be prepared, revised, and finalized per instructions.
- It is also highly desirable to have knowledge of the principles and jargon used in the criminal justice and legal systems.
- Possess excellent organizing and prioritization skills; resolve disputes or help mediate them; follow detailed directions.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to use modern office practices, procedures and equipment.