Full-Time Lead Carpenter – Remote – Tineg
For our fast-growing firm, we’re looking for a high-quality, professional Lead Carpenter. Our ideal applicant will be a self-motivated self-starter who communicates well with customers, staff, and supervisors. We’re looking for project managers that take pride in their job and care about their customers.
Job Title : Lead Carpenter – Remote
Location : Tineg, Abra Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 24.88 per hour.
Company : Pacific Gas & Electric Corp.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Deliver excellent guest services to visitors, users, suppliers, and internal partners. Lead guest services meetings and trainings.
- Work closely with subcontractors to ensure that each project is executed to the best industry standards, on time, and within budget.
- Use different tools and materials in different situations to build (wood framing, metal framing, CDX-walnut veneer, drywall, fiberglass, etc.).
- Serve as the company’s representative on the worksite, with final responsibility for the quality, safety, budget, and schedule of the project.
- Architectural, structural, MEP, and/or sketch drawings and plans must be read and understood. Verify the correctness of field measurements and the building’s structural integrity; notify the supervisor of any differences.
- Materials that may be used with this tool include wood and plastic, fiberglass and drywall Lays out work by measuring items or distances using a square, measuring tape, or ruler.
- Your Project Manager has to know the current state of the project and any potential issues or delays that might impact the project’s budget or schedule.
- The incumbent lays out, directs, and assists with the full range of skilled carpentry work as outlined in the series overview; supervises, instructs, and works with a small group or crew of Carpenters and assistants; instructs others in safety rules and ensures rules are observed; selects and prepares job material lists; maintains warehouse stock materials; inspects carpentry work to ensure it meets quality requirements and specifications.
- Because the layout will continue to effect your career even after the assignment is finished, it is critical that you pay attention to the layout and accomplish it appropriately.
- Set up pre-event and support fabrication and facility needs as specified by the Facilities Engineer and Lead Carpenter. Ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- This role requires light commercial construction expertise, a high school certificate or GED, and trade school training. A person who can lift 90 pounds must climb ladders, scaffolding, and crawl into narrow areas.
- Working understanding of good supervision approaches and procedures. Must be able to: lead, instruct, and coordinate the work of a small group or crew of skilled and semi-skilled workers; accurately estimate costs, supplies, and materials as needed for jobs; prepare a list of materials; ensure work is completed in sequence; keep records; and prepare more complex reports.
- At least 5 years of experience as a staff carpenter, with some experience leading projects or parts of them. Able to manage and coordinate trade contractors, vendors, and employees.
- One year of experience as a journey-level carpenter with work coordination duties; thorough understanding of techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in rough and completed carpentry; different kinds and grades of timber; hand and power carpentry tools
- In the event of severe weather, the ability to operate outside is a must. To be eligible for insurance, a driver must have a valid driver’s license and meet the underwriting standards of the insurance provider. Must pass a drug test before starting work.