Full-Time Kitchen Manager (Management) – San Jose
The Kitchen Manager is in charge of the kitchen’s overall operations, ensuring that they meet operational and budgetary goals. In order to keep costs down, they must keep an eye on food and labor costs while while maintaining high standards for their products. It’s the responsibility of this position to actively plan, coordinate, and train their coworkers in order to accomplish certain sales objectives as well as cost and coworker retention goals. To be successful in this position, you must focus on achieving the highest level of team performance in terms of customer service and experience as well as boosting sales and profitability, effective cost controls, and retaining all coworkers in accordance with all company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Job Title : Kitchen Manager (Management)
Location : San Jose, Batangas Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 16.05 per hour.
Company : DeVita & Hancock Hospitality
Job Type : Full-Time
- Checklists and side work must be completed before coworker’s clock off, and they must be informed of their coworkers’ side jobs. Verifies the cleanliness of food preparation and serving areas to ensure that the food is safe and sanitary.
- Adapt employee schedules to match a fast-paced brewery or restaurant’s changing needs. Schedule labor in accordance with expected company activity while ensuring that all roles are adequately occupied and labor cost targets are satisfied. Schedule and approve or deny requests for shift swaps and other alterations.
- On a regular basis, the brand and corporate values should be aggressively mirrored in the behaviors of all workers, both internally and outwardly.
- Maintains sanitary conditions in all refrigeration, storage, and working facilities to ensure compliance with Health Department rules.
- Assist the General Manager and administrative colleagues in the implementation and monitoring of fiscal budgets for kitchen operations in order to maximize the restaurant’s short- and long-term profitability.
- The kitchen manager also ensures that the kitchen is cleaned on a regular basis, that food is disposed of properly, and that all hygiene laws are met.
- Management makes certain that all employees are capable of explaining menu items clearly and passionately. To guests.
- Develop, train, execute, and assess performance criteria for the kitchen’s many departments and employees.
- Every employee must be properly taught in all kitchen stations, weekly/monthly inventory chores, year-round and specialized menu, KDS system, and rules and procedures for food prepping/cleaning/side-work duties.
- Labor, COGS, and other controllable expenditures must be managed in accordance with established standards and criteria.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the hospitality industry is essential. The ability to plan and staff a project is essential.
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma, a GED, or comparable job experience. It is preferable to have a culinary degree or course certification from a recognized culinary institution.
- Effective communication abilities that enable you to interact respectfully and effectively with your colleagues and the broader public. This employment requires interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a team.
- The ability to educate and manage a team, as well as work under stress. Fast-paced working environments, varied tasks, and constantly shifting circumstances are all part and parcel of the job. Adaptability and quickness of thought are essential.
- The ability to work with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and Google Docs/Forms is required. To maintain track of inventory and do basic data entry with care using a spreadsheet. Financial literacy is a must.