27 May 2023
Part-Time Junior Medical Record Clerk – Nagaon
This position is responsible for maintaining medical records and is accountable for doing so. There are several responsibilities that come with this position, including organizing and maintaining records of patients’ diagnosis and treatment, as well as daily patient census fluctuations. Good judgment and secrecy are expected of the employee, as well as the ability to work independently.
Job Title : Junior Medical Record Clerk
Location : Nagaon, Assam, India
Salary : $ 27.94 per hour.
Company : L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.
Job Type : Part-Time
- The Medical Record Clerk will help with the purging of closed records for storage in a box outside of the facility.
- Pick-up & distribute charts and loose sheet from all areas in the hospital and/or clinic settings.
- This person must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task, manage sensitive material, and preserve confidentiality while adhering to the Clinic’s philosophy and objectives.
- The Medical Records Clerk must be adaptable to the department’s shifting needs and to the tasks that are delegated to them by the Medical Record Director.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- A monthly audit of the discharge procedure checklist will be performed by the medical record clerk, who will also enter data into a monitoring system.
- Assist Medical Records Supervisor in preparing periodic statistical reports and other management information system requirements.
- Must be able to apply information to varied factual situations and utilize good judgment outside of a predetermined set of parameters.
- Sort and organize loose pages in accordance with established paper and electronic scanning standards.
- The medical record clerk is also in charge of locating and creating numbered files, filing processed medical records, and fixing errors as doctors finish their charts.
- An understanding of typical electronic medical record practices, strategies and necessities is essential to a wide range of routine medical records management.
- A year’s experience in a healthcare setting as a medical record technician, medical record clerk, unit secretary, or equivalent employment where the processing of electronic medical/health records was part of the daily tasks is required.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and the capacity to function in a changing work environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Being able to spot informational discrepancies and deal with them properly.