27 May 2023
Full-Time Jr. Lead Carpenter – Qatar
Our fast-growing firm is looking for a high-quality, experienced Lead Carpenter. We are looking for a self-starter that can communicate well with customers, staff, and supervisors. We are looking for a project manager that has a strong work ethic and a customer service mindset.
Job Title : Jr. Lead Carpenter
Location : Qatar, Qatar, Qatar
Salary : $ 22.79 per hour.
Company : Regions Financial Corp.
Job Type : Full-Time
- It is the job of the crew leader and the subcontractors working together to guarantee that each project is finished on schedule and within (or even under) budget.
- Show and give all visitors, users, vendors, and internal partners excellent customer service. Take part in and sometimes lead meetings and training sessions about guest services.
- Read and comprehend architectural, structural, MEP, and/or hand-drawn plans and diagrams; this also applies to computer-generated designs. Make sure field measurements and the structure’s integrity are accurate before reporting any deviations.
- It is compatible with materials such as drywall, wood, plastic, and fiberglass, among others. Lays out work using a square, measuring tape, or ruler to measure the items or distances involved in the job.
- Stay on top of any concerns or delays that might affect the project’s budget or schedule by communicating with your Project Manager on a regular basis.
- Carry out the role of the company’s representative on the job site and accept ultimate responsibility for the quality, safety, financial, and time-related performance of the project.
- When building, make use of a variety of materials and kinds of goods in diverse contexts (wood framing, metal framing, CDX-walnut veneer, drywall, fiberglass, etc.).
- Layout is critical, and it will have an impact on your work for the remainder of the project if you don’t pay attention to it.
- As instructed by the Facilities Engineer and Lead Carpenter, put up pre-event setup while supporting fabrication and facility requirements. Maintaining strong customer relations is an important part of any business.
- This position is responsible for laying out all aspects of skilled carpentry work, as described in the series overview; leading, instructing, and working with a small group or crew of Carpenters and other assistants; making sure safety rules are followed; choosing and preparing job lists of materials; keeping stock materials in the warehouse; inspecting carpentry work to make sure it meets quality requirements and specifications; and keeping a safe work environment.
- Six to eight years’ experience in light commercial construction, high school graduation or GED, and trade school diploma or comparable training. Someone who can lift 90 lbs must climb ladders and scaffolding and crawl into small spaces.
- Working understanding of good supervision approaches and procedures. Must be able to: lead, instruct, and coordinate the work of a small group or crew of skilled and semi-skilled workers; accurately estimate costs, supplies, and materials as needed for jobs; prepare a list of materials; ensure work is completed in sequence; keep records; and prepare more complex reports.
- A must is the capacity to operate outdoors in all weather conditions. To join a carpool, you must have a valid driver’s license and meet the underwriting requirements of your insurance provider. Pre-employment drug testing is required.
- One year of experience as a journeyman carpenter with work coordination duties; comprehensive understanding of the techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in rough and completed carpentry; different kinds and grades of timber; hand and power carpentry tools.
- Staff carpenter with at least five years of experience, particularly with some exposure to or expertise in project management. The capacity to supervise and coordinate the work of subcontractors, suppliers, and other third parties involved in the same project.