Full-Time Jr. Engineering technician – Mambusao
An Engineering Technician will write code and scripts for test execution and analysis in Python, C, C++, the bash shell, or another language appropriate to the work at hand. These programs will execute tests, gather test artifacts, analyze test artifacts to determine success or failure, and then store the stack of results. The stack will be worked on to report KPIs, as well as to ingest and visualize the data (KPIs). They will have the skills necessary to complete tasks on their own, including gathering information, analyzing it, and communicating the findings to others.
Job Title : Jr. Engineering technician
Location : Mambusao, Capiz Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 31.89 per hour.
Company : Pennzoil-Quaker State Company
Job Type : Full-Time
- Contract documents and permits are prepared for a project; construction specifications are written and reviewed by the contractor to ensure compliance with established rules and regulations; bids are organized and cost estimates are calculated; costs for materials, labor, and equipment are reviewed for accuracy; and technical construction guidance is provided as required.
- Compiles data pertinent to grant, permit, and environmental compliance; interprets maps and plats; utilizes computer-aided design (CAD) software to create and/or update various maps; uses CAD software to create and/or update maps.
- Regular duties associated with this position include the following. If the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this categorization, then the lack of detailed specifications of the requirements does not rule them out. We may ask you to take on more responsibilities.
- Responsible for keeping electronic and paper records of daily departmental activity, completing project records and design/drawing files for given projects, and doing database file updates as needed.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of engineering principles and methods to calculate ratios, volumes, angles, grades, construction quantities, and other aspects of assigned projects, as well as to produce cost estimates and double-check the work of third-party contractors.
- Examines designs and makes preliminary conclusions on technical compliance issues; reviews a wide variety of residential and commercial plans, plats, permits, reports, and studies to ensure they adhere to local legislation and building standards. Collaborating with outside architects and engineers to solve problems and offer guidance for achieving code compliance; analyzing the planned project and its potential effects; and offering recommendations for project approval or corrective action in the event of deviations or violations.
- Collaborates with engineers and other employees to develop solutions to City infrastructure needs; uses GPS, GIS, and CADD software to create plans, skilled engineering drawings, specifications, details, maps, plats, and other displays for engineering projects.
- Supports clients of engineering firms by answering questions, coordinating with experts in the field, drafting letters and mailings to explain projects to the public, addressing questions about building them, and addressing citizen concerns and complaints.
- Attends to and fixes malfunctioning machinery. Restores normal functioning (when necessary). Repairs include swapping out broken components, motors, and switches.
- Assesses road conditions and determines corrective measures needed to repair or resurface roads; inspects construction to ensure adherence to designs and project specifications per work site; performs other related duties as needed to support County infrastructure.
- A baccalaureate in computer science, computer engineering, computer system engineering, or a closely related field of engineering is required or preferred.
- You must be comfortable with computers and road-planning tools in order to do this job. Performs tasks involving computer software and hardware, such as Autocad Civil D, Trimble, the internet, spreadsheets, word processing, and state software for roads and bridges, as required or as taught.
- All applicants provisionally selected for VA employment in a testing specified position must submit to a urinalysis to check for illegal drug usage prior to their appointment. If an applicant refuses to take the exam, the VA will reject their application.
- Possess three years of relevant job experience in surveying, drafting, and other sub-professional civil engineering tasks; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Skills in interacting with others, staying organized, and conveying information effectively are crucial.