Full-Time Intermediate-level Phlebotomy Technician – Purulia
As a Phlebotomy Technician, you will offer technical support services to the research conduction teams, such as phlebotomy, vital signs, ECGs, and EKGs, in order to ensure the study’s success. This is a per diem position, which offers you a lot of flexibility and a good work/life balance. (Note: perks are not included). Supports the Phase I clinical trial planning and execution process. Performs technical and non-technical processes to collect study-specific data.
Job Title : Intermediate-level Phlebotomy Technician
Location : Purulia, West Bengal, India
Salary : $ 23.94 per hour.
Company : Mirant Corporation
Job Type : Full-Time
- Test tray and workspace are kept clean. Helps maintain department equipment and orders supplies as needed.
- Procedures such as venipuncture and capillary collection, standard labeling and specimen transportation are all part of blood drawing.
- Verifies achievement of departmental goals and objectives, as well as adherence to all departmental policies (including but not limited to those on quality control and workplace safety). Adheres to all relevant rules and regulations.
- Document specimen collection and testing in the EHR and LIMS. Share concerns with the care team
- Contact the physician, nurse, or reference laboratory to resolve unexpected or unclear test orders, and record steps done. All unsolved concerns should be sent to the relevant supervisor.
- In a professional manner, welcomes patients. As required by hospital policy, verifies patient identification cards. Effectively punctures the skin and heels of every sufferer I’ve ever encountered. Records doctor orders in LIS. Lab standards and procedures require that you label specimens right away.
- When conducting research in the hospital and outpatient settings, routinely interacts with study participants.
- Data input and such processes as required to facilitate effective sample processing are performed by this position.
- Records and labels test tubes, keeps a record book of processes, and schedules procedures as needed Keeps necessary records, reports, and statistics as specified.
- Transfers scripts, requisitions, and verbal orders for patient tests into the HIS and laboratory computer systems.
- A certificate, previous experience that demonstrates one’s capacity to fulfill the duties of the position, and/or the capacity to undergo training in Phase I technical processes may be necessary to be considered for some technical jobs.
- You’ll need to be accredited or qualified in phlebotomy by a reputable national organization. Worked at a medical facility as an inpatient for one year
- Completed a hospital-approved phlebotomy course and, if possible, worked as a phlebotomist for at least six months. A high school diploma or its equivalent is also required.
- Successful completion of a formal phlebotomy training course from a school recognized by Laboratory Management OR six months of phlebotomy experience
- It is vital to have a working knowledge of specimen collection techniques like as venipuncture, capillary collection, TB placement, and respiratory swabs. the ability to recognize and address the unique challenges faced by a wide range of patients