Full-Time Geotechnical Engineer PM Shifts – Katsina
The Nuclear, Energy, Transportation, Industrial/Commercial, and Government sectors are all in need of an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to work in our Geotechnical department. Field and laboratory testing, as well as the implementation of projects ranging from dams to nuclear reactors to commercial development and government services, would be required.
Job Title : Geotechnical Engineer PM Shifts
Location : Katsina, Katsina, Nigeria
Salary : $ 24.49 per hour.
Company : Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Aid in the generation of design project deliverables, such as technical proposals, cost estimates, engineering reports, diagrams, specifications or even daily communications like this one.
- In support of trash dumps, dams, and the like, perform slope stability, seepage, and/or settlement analyses while working under the supervision of senior engineering specialists.
- Support landfill and waste containment design and permits, geotechnical instrumentation, environmental remediation, seismic engineering, and offshore field research projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the phosphate mining process, including clay settlement area design, water management, and mined land recovery.
- Field responsibilities include subsurface testing and soil and bedrock investigations for foundation design and construction. Test boring inspection, monitoring deep and shallow foundation construction, and ground improvements are examples.
- Offer geotechnical engineering services and lend assistance to project managers so that the company may meet the needs of its public and private sector customers in the areas of mining, infrastructure, and water resource management.
- Perform a variety of geotechnical engineering analysis and designs, such as slope stability assessments, seismic evaluations and shallow and deep foundation design, ground improvement, excavation and shoring evaluations, and other complex technical analyses.
- Prepare engineering calculations and analyses related to material quantities, embankments, shallow and deep foundations, settlement, soil and rock slope stability, and retaining walls as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Projects must be delivered safely and on schedule to meet the client’s expectations in a timely manner.
- Performing engineering calculations (e.g., slope stability, excavation support, settlement, etc.) using conventional or computer-based technical techniques;
- Groundwater transducer and inclinometer installation as well as groundwater transducer monitoring are examples of field exploration and instrumentation expertise in subsurface exploration.
- Ability to operate outside in any weather and isolated locales. Long-distance and overnight travel skills.
- Training and/or education in the actual technical application of foundation engineering, slope stability, and seismic assessment analyses
- Great writing and vocal communication skills; strong attention to detail; excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment skills; ability to operate alone and in a team.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification or the capacity to earn EIT Certification within six months.