Full-Time Forestry Technician – Al-Jīzah
Our company is searching for a motivated Forester with previous work experience to join our team responsible for natural resource management. The Forester provides direct assistance to the Senior Resource Forester in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities across all aspects of the industrial forest’s operations. The Forester reports to the Senior Resource Forester. The Forester will be part of a small team of workers that will be engaged in all parts of the company’s natural resource management in order to meet or surpass the company’s yearly objectives.
Job Title : Forestry Technician
Location : Al-Jīzah, Al-Jīzah, Egypt
Salary : $ 31.99 per hour.
Company : Lomakatsi Restoration Project
Job Type : Full-Time
- Participates in municipal ordinance-required tree and landscape installation inspections; ensures that the quality, quantity, and type of plant materials used are acceptable; ensures that proper procedures for protecting existing and installing new plants are followed; ensures that provisions for the care of plant materials are available.
- Stormwater, zoning, and transportation site plan review staff work together to make sure that other codes don’t conflict with the tree and landscape code.
- This vocation encompasses all aspects of forest management and harvest monitoring on company- or privately-owned land.
- The major duties of this job include ensuring the health and safety of the City’s tree stock as well as training other members of the Streets Division on appropriate tree care procedures.
- By re-evaluating and upgrading forestry websites, new outreach materials may be created to support a wide range of forestry programs.
- The yearly thin and harvest schedule is verified, put up, inventoried and all other duties concerning sale administration are completed.
- Monitor forestland held by your local government and assist in the creation of forest management plans that will help you manage the land in the future. We collect and analyze data collected in the field as part of our work.. This helps us understand the structure of the forest, and we may use it as a guide. The Forest Landscape Assessment Tool (FLAT) should be used in conjunction with forest service personnel as well as contractors. Use it to check the condition of all previously purchased or newly purchased forestland parcels.
- Early- and mid-rotation duties, contract administration and/or other responsibilities may be assigned to this position.
- Manager of the region’s silviculture strategy and yearly plan, in addition to conducting field verification of treatment candidates and supplying management with information about the setting, as well as negotiating contracts for silviculture and overseeing silviculture activities.
- Reviewing factors and making decisions on grant or denial of applications; notifying applicants in writing of reasons for denial in the event of a denial; assigning and taking part in inspections of site clearing activities in order to ensure that submitted landscaping, tree removal, and clearing plans are in compliance with municipal codes.
- Perform inspections and identify pathological plant diseases; educate staff in tree and landscaping inspections; build and manage effective tree and landscaping inspection programs; conduct inspections and make diagnoses of diseased plant conditions. Determine whether sick or damaged trees can be repaired. Determine whether or not to approve or reject a landscaping idea after careful consideration. Be tenacious yet fair while enforcing laws, ordinances, and regulations.
- All candidates must have six months of expertise in landscape design and six months of experience in tree and landscape inspections from a recognized institution or university.
- Excel and Word skills from Microsoft Office, as well as good verbal and written skills, are needed for this job.
- Expertise in all aspects of tree care from planting to trimming to disease inspection to disease eradication is required.
- Relationship building skills with colleagues, departments, and the public.