Full-Time Entry Level Medical Secretary – Phulabani
Medical Center is looking for a Medical Secretary to assist our doctors, other clinical and support personnel, and, most importantly, our patients in our clinics. By serving as the practice’s initial point of contact and guiding patients through the beginning and finish of their appointments, the Medical Secretary will have an influence on the patients’ experience. The Medical Secretary is an essential member of the care team, and our expanding practices are searching for qualified individuals to join our team. In our busy and expanding practice, the Medical Secretary is in charge of all administrative office support and ensures that patients and visitors have a pleasant experience.
Job Title : Entry Level Medical Secretary
Location : Phulabani, Odisha, India
Salary : $ 21.25 per hour.
Company : Service Corp. International
Job Type : Full-Time
- The receptionist schedules patients’ appointments, registers them, and enables the interchange of information about patient insurance authorization and/or worker’s compensation benefits.
- Excellent customer service, phone etiquette, and comprehensive handoff to the relevant team members to aid patients, their families, and the community.
- The administrative assistant provides assistance for the physician. Prepares all necessary paperwork, including but not limited to letters, forms, and other documentation. Provides information to be entered into the computer system. Performs dictation transcription of a very confidential nature.
- Incoming calls are answered and routed. You provide clear messages to office staff. This employee answers routine questions. Per policy, gives all vital messages first priority.
- Responsible for greeting and orienting patients, answering any inquiries in a polite and helpful way, and receiving signatures on all papers, including assignment of benefits, notice of privacy, insurance waivers, and authorization paperwork.
- Physician practice authorizations are obtained and placed into the registration and billing systems. Patients should obtain referrals as needed, according to the author.
- Clinical treatment and education, as well as the capacity to apply that knowledge to a broad variety of health and disease problems throughout the lifespan, are shown by this capability.
- Face-to-face registration allows for the gathering of data necessary for appropriate reimbursement and statistical analysis, resulting in a more efficient and professional registration process.
- Maintains contact with clinical and support staff concerning patient scheduling updates and adjustments, and assists the Director with clinical staff schedule management.
- The Medical Secretary is responsible for checking patients in and out utilizing EMR systems, validating demographic information, updating patient profiles, and collecting co-payments or outstanding amounts. Appointment scheduling for follow-up and/or specialized visits.
- For this position, you must have two years of experience working in a medical office as a medical secretary or receptionist, where you interacted with physicians, the general public, and/or patients.
- Medical records and insurance forms Excellent computer skills, customer service, and oral and written communication.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent. It is preferred that you pursue more education or training in business administration, healthcare administration, or a similar field.
- Capability to work effectively with patients, families, colleagues from a variety of professions, medical professionals, and workers from auxiliary departments; Excellent typing abilities as well as expertise dealing with a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, among others.
- A working understanding of office equipment, including the telephone, computer and keyboard, photocopier, fax machine, and printer, is necessary.