Part-Time Electronics Engineer – Remote – Manama
You’ll play a key role in the development of electronics readout systems for cutting-edge experiments and scientific research in this fascinating Electronics Engineer position. You’ll learn how to design circuits for a range of detectors and data collecting devices. Electronic circuit modelling, design, layout and fabrication, circuit debugging and test stand construction for data collection systems for scientific purposes are some of the tasks you will be expected to do.
Job Title : Electronics Engineer – Remote
Location : Manama, Manama, Bahrain
Salary : $ 45.3 per hour.
Company : AK Steel Holding Corporation
Job Type : Part-Time
- Give advice on the architecture of power converters, switching devices, and passive power circuit components (capacitors, inductors, transformers, etc). Converters and inverters are types of electronics. Make hardware with the right chips to solve problems (IGBTs, GTOs, GCTs, Thyristors, etc.).
- Join in the design process for Distribution Power Electronics products at every stage, from planning to testing. This group will assist with the production, installation, and field testing of Distribution FACTS devices.
- Control and manage critical components such as solar panel arrays, power regulation and distribution, and high-density batteries, Work closely with the technical team to integrate these technologies into the spaceship as much as possible..
- Compile and evaluate operational test and research data to aid in the establishment of performance standards for newly designed or updated equipment/products and to assess whether designs fulfil functional requirements.
- Production support, technical and status briefs, trade studies, generating technical analysis and reports and failure analysis, as well as the occasional electrical and electronic design, are some of the daily duties of the production engineer.
- Participate in the design, development, and testing of sophisticated power electronics such as converters and inverters, employing medium to high power switching components (up to and including 500 kW), as well as accompanying protection and gating circuits. Depending on the task at hand, the equipment should be designed such that it makes use of the necessary components (IGBTs, GTOs, GCTs, Thyristors, and so on).
- Take the helm in the creation of power electronics systems, directing architectural and design decisions, gaining a grasp of the requirements of the system, and ensuring that the design is suitable for the intended use.
- Help is needed with the preparation of new proposals, including the formulation of technical concepts, the compilation of budgets, and the building of schedules.
- Utilize and improve the efficiency of software programmers such as PSLF, PSS/E, PSCAD, EMTP, and others to conduct power flow, transient stability, reactive planning, infrastructure re-enforcement, generator interconnection, and related studies, including simulation studies of equipment such as SVC and STATCOM.
- Verify new designs and products, analyses product cost and reliability, and give assembly and test instructions for prototypes and production runs.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or comparable technical field with 9 years of experience, Master’s degree in similar field with 7 years of experience, or Ph.D. in similar field with 5 years of experience.
- Design, development, manufacture, assembly, and testing of power electronics or analogue hardware, especially in space.
- Strong background in the design of power electronic systems. Power electronics circuit modelling and simulation, magnetic component design and selection, switching device selection, testing and gate driver design, schematic drawing and PCB layout, basic thermal management and heat sink selection, hands-on design and testing experience with kW level power electronics design and products, etc.
- Expertise in the examination of circuits and systems using many types of computer simulation tools (MatLAB, MathCAD, Simulink, PSpice, and others), Computational prowess at an advanced level, with a focus on the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Capacity to perform well in a group setting and to communicate well both verbally and in writing Excellent skills in time management, organization, and follow-through are also required.