Full-Time Curator – Kasur
All parts of research, display, and program planning are required by the Curator. As a Curator of Natural History, you’ll be capable of creating thought-provoking exhibits and exciting community events.
Job Title : Curator
Location : Kasur, Punjab, Pakistan
Salary : $ 24.66 per hour.
Company : David Zwirner Gallery
Job Type : Full-Time
- Phone, email, or face-to-face contact may be made with this firm. Initiates and discusses the process of conducting basic reference interviews to students. This individual is on time, accurate, and thorough. Records are kept of all interactions between parties in accordance with departmental policy.
- actively participating in the long-term production and maintenance of collections and information relating to such collections or shows
- Negotiates repository agreements and deeds of donation on behalf of the institution. Assesses and evaluates gifts and purchases, manages loan agreements, and ensures that regulations and procedures are followed.
- Using proactive communication and collaboration, build and keep good working relationships with other city departments, outside suppliers, and educational institutions.
- Encourage the recruitment of volunteers, put them in suitable roles, and keep track of their progress to ensure they get enough training.
- Actively participates in all parts of the collection management chores that occur on a daily basis. The museum is responsible for the maintenance of a variety of resources, including antiquities, artwork, and archives.
- Modern historical literature and best practices, cutting-edge research and fresh historical arguments and opportunities to apply current historical knowledge into programming are all kept up to date by this individual.
- Help the museum system keep up its efforts to be diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive with its programs, staff, and public interactions by meeting the cognitive, physical, and social/emotional needs of a wide range of people.
- responsible of planning large-scale exhibition and publication projects that span national and international boundaries, doing research, coordinating exhibition preparation, and looking out lending opportunities.
- Carry out independent technical studies on the history of computing, including its design and technological aspects, as well as its cultural and historical importance.
- Exhibits knowledge or skill in the development of metadata and the construction of digital collections, finding aids and other archive description elements.
- Ability to work well with others, whether employees, volunteers or members of the general public, has been proven.
- Experiential training equivalent to a four-year course of study in museum work or a related field is necessary for admission.
- Keep a good work-life balance, be neutral and open to other people’s ideas, give constructive criticism and accept it, and help build a sense of community among the team members. As an executive, you’ll also need to be confident and have a lot of motivation in order to be a good person.
- The capacity to keep up-to-date on museum best practices while successfully communicating with both internal and external stakeholders through written and vocal media is critical.