27 May 2023
Full-Time Curator II – Abeokuta
The Museum is seeking a Curator who can assist with all facets of the investigation, display, and programming processes. The Curator of Natural History will need both intellectual and practical vision to create engaging displays and motivating community events.
Job Title : Curator II
Location : Abeokuta, Ogun, Nigeria
Salary : $ 37.05 per hour.
Company : BJ Services Company
Job Type : Full-Time
- Create a good influence by assisting with volunteer recruitment, placing people in suitable roles, and ensuring adequate training.
- This individual is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of collection management. The curator of a museum is responsible for collecting and caring for the museum’s artifacts, pictures, and records.
- Deals with repository agreements and gift deeds through negotiation. Reviews transactions, negotiates loans, and ensures adherence to rules and regulations.
- First-contact public services can be reached via phone, email, or in-person. Provides fundamental reference checking and describes the steps needed. Completely satisfies the requirements for timeliness, accuracy, and precision set by the relevant agency. All encounters must be documented in some way, per departmental rules.
- It is important to maintain positive ties with other city agencies, private contractors, and educational institutions.
- In charge of researching, managing exhibition preparation, and looking out for loan opportunities, as well as creating large-scale exhibition and publication initiatives that cross national lines.
- Meet the intellectual, physical, and social/emotional needs of a wide range of visitors to uphold the museum system’s commitment to diversity, equality, accessibility, and inclusion in its programming, staff interactions with the public, and general public interactions.
- Perform independent study on the development of computing and publish your findings in scholarly publications or journals. That means investigating computers from every angle possible, from their architecture and engineering to their place in popular culture and their place in history.
- Information management, like the production of collections and exhibitions, is a long-term activity that requires involvement from interested parties.
- Maintains abreast of cutting-edge research and novel historical arguments, and looks for ways to incorporate this information into programming; demonstrates a firm grasp of contemporary historical literature and interpretative best practices.
- Archives need to have their metadata described, digital collections built, and finding aids created.
- A four-year degree in museum studies or a related field, or the professional experience equivalent of four years in museum studies or a related field.
- Ability to effectively and exceptionally communicate in writing and verbally with museum staff and external stakeholders; experience giving presentations; working knowledge of museum best practices.
- You have demonstrated teamwork abilities, including the ability to quickly bond with new coworkers and volunteers and keep those bonds strong over time.
- Maintain a healthy equilibrium between your individual and group duties, show neutrality and sensitivity to the viewpoints of others, give and receive constructive criticism, help your team grow in positivity and cohesiveness, and encourage everyone to work together toward common goals.