Full-Time Copy Editor – Lalitpur
As a team, we are looking for an Associate Editor to help us write and edit about food. Search terms and current research should be used to keep recipe galleries and recipe head notes up to date. People who work for this person will make dynamic content, edit text, and help other editors make stories that work on a variety of devices. This job’s responsibilities include writing and updating recipes, cooking instructions, and other things about home cooking.
Job Title : Copy Editor
Location : Lalitpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Salary : $ 21.11 per hour.
Company : Apartment Therapy Media
Job Type : Full-Time
- Annual goals for journal submission, publication, and transfer volumes as well as target turnaround times should be known and managed, so that they can be met.
- Recommendations of products or techniques; interviews with chefs or home cooks; and other service-oriented pieces for publications.
- Review commercials from idea to final edit to ensure they match corporate brand standards and regulatory requirements, as well as assess a broad variety of marketing, scientific, and other evidence given in support of advertising claims.
- Long-term research and projects need a broad range of management and organizational strategies, processes, and procedures, as well as budgeting methods and approaches to offer assessments and estimations of resources.
- Establish good working ties with colleagues in the production, JEO, IT, and other departments to ensure that any issues with your journal, especially for authors, editors, and peer reviewers, may be immediately and successfully rectified.
- Conceptualizing how recipes and tales may be integrated into the brand’s overall editorial strategy, as well as brainstorming and presenting concepts for all media (digital, print, social, podcast, video, etc)
- Improve the quality of your journals to guarantee that the Editors in Chief and Editorial Board Members (EBM) on whom we rely are as engaged as feasible.
- Creating a solid plan for each piece, including verifiable sources, background information and formatting requirements and due dates.
- Find and evaluate departmental procedures with the purpose of developing creative ideas that will enhance the way we conduct business.
- It’s important to communicate clearly about content that includes concerns like excessive violence, explicit language, explicit material or commercial product placement that may not be appropriate for broadcast. Providing constructive advise on content is a vital part of the process.
- Have the skill and willingness in an ever-changing, high-pressure environment to efficiently manage multiple competing demands on one’s time.
- At all levels of the firm and with freelancers/external contributors, you must be able to communicate effectively with people from all departments.
- at least three to five years of expertise in the area of journalism or writing, including experience in reporting and editing as well as knowledge of SEO and newsletter best practices
- Interpersonal skills, as well as the capacity to interact and collaborate with employees at all levels on a daily basis, as well as the ability to work as part of a team, are required.
- A functional understanding of web-based publishing and content management technologies, such as Adobe Photoshop.