Part-Time Concrete Finisher 1st Shift – Lacub
The duties of the Concrete Finisher include grinding, polishing, and otherwise preparing the surface of poured concrete highway highways to meet design specifications. Depending on the project’s scale and design, employees may be assigned to a single task for its whole or rotated across multiple tasks as the work progresses. Some workers have expertise in a specific field, while others may move from one assignment to another as a project nears completion, a new opening arises, or a seasonal one ends. Possibly distinguishable on the basis of the type of work performed.
Job Title : Concrete Finisher 1st Shift
Location : Lacub, Abra Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 26.45 per hour.
Company : H.J. Heinz Company
Job Type : Part-Time
- Makes use of cementitious materials such as cement, sand, and pigments to smooth out and repair rough or damaged spots on concrete surfaces.
- Using a powerful vibrator to compact concrete. After the concrete has been poured, it is fitted with anchor bolts, steel plates, and other hardware. Work the cement in with a sponge-rubber float or a piece of burlap.
- Lifting and carrying large objects, scooping materials, cleaning up debris/litter, and erecting signage are only some examples of the physical labor duties that may be required for department projects.
- This occupation requires the use of a wide variety of tools, machines, and equipment. Such tools and machinery include backhoes, front-end loaders, tamping machines, air compressors, jackhammers, concrete saws and mallets, shovels, rakes, and mechanics’ tools. Forms and implements made of concrete are just a couple of examples.
- Keeping machinery in excellent working condition requires regular inspection and maintenance, close attention to the efficiency and safety of mechanical operations, and the reporting of any malfunctions.
- Communicates with workers, authorities, the public, and others by telephone and/or two-way radio to relay information, take and transmit messages, and respond to service and information requests.
- The Concrete Finisher is responsible for the creation and finishing of concrete surfaces, as well as providing assistance with other Public Works projects through the use of machinery and manual labor.
- Before setting and aligning a form, it is checked to ensure that it has been properly created. If not, it is adjusted until it does.
- Surface leveling of freshly poured concrete on floors, walls, ceilings, and walkways. Hardening and sealing compounds are used to cure the top layer of freshly poured concrete.
- You will be given a variety of forms (reports, work orders, etc.) to fill out, after which you will process the data contained inside them and either forward them or keep them for future reference.
- Possessing strong people skills, organizational acumen, and the ability to effectively communicate are all needed.
- There is a requirement of at least two years of experience or training in concrete or brickwork for this position. To accomplish the task at hand, you may also make use of any additional expertise you may have.
- Lift at least 30 and no more than 150 pounds with the help of others.
- In order to ensure that work is done correctly in this field, it is essential that employees and their superiors are able to communicate effectively.
- Be prepared to work long hours (70 or more per week) and various shifts (days, nights, and overnights) throughout the summer.