This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
5 Feb 2023
Full-Time Commissioning Phlebotomy Technician – Jalpaiguri
A Phlebotomy Technician collects lab specimens and/or conducts EKGs on inpatients. Enter data into the EHR and/or LIMS (LIS). Communicates with patients, their families, and healthcare team members utilizing different means.
Job Title : Commissioning Phlebotomy Technician
Location : Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India
Salary : $ 21.62 per hour.
Company : La-Z-Boy Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Regularly interacts with research participants in all in-house and outpatient studies to conduct study-related procedures.
- Contributes to the attainment of defined departmental goals and objectives and complies to department rules, procedures, quality standards, and safety requirements. Complies with government and accreditation standards.
- Resolve unexpected or unclear test orders by contacting the physician, nurse, or reference laboratory. Document steps taken. Refer any outstanding concerns to the relevant supervisor.
- Requires the entry of patient test requests from written orders and vocal requests into the HIS and laboratory computer systems.
- Records and corresponding labels test tubes, records processes in a log book, and plans procedures according to the needs of the project. Keeps the needed records, reports, and statistics up to date and in accordance with the directives.
- Test tray and workspace are kept clean. Helps maintain department equipment and orders supplies as needed.
- Behaves in both a polite and professional manner while greeting patients. Verifies the accurate identity of the patient in compliance with hospital rules. Phlebotomy (skin and heel punctures) may be performed on any patient. Medical orders are entered into LIS accurately. Following the completion of the process, accurately label the specimens in accordance with the rules and procedures of the laboratory in question..
- Procedures such as venipuncture and capillary collection, standard labeling and specimen transportation are all part of blood drawing.
- In the electronic health record and the laboratory information system, document specimen collection and testing in accordance with standard protocol. Inform the patient care staff of any difficulties or concerns.
- Data input and such processes as required to facilitate effective sample processing are performed by the patient registration clerk.
- Some technical roles need a qualification, while others may just require training in Phase I technical processes or previous experience demonstrating these attributes.
- OR Completion of a Formal Phlebotomy Training Course from a Recognized School that is Acceptable to Laboratory Management OR Completion of Six (6) Months of Phlebotomy Experience
- Completion of a hospital-approved phlebotomy course; 6 months phlebotomy experience preferable.
- A familiarity with the processes for collecting specimens, including as venipuncture, capillary collection, TB placement, and respiratory swabs, is required. A familiarity with the various patient demographics and the requirements of each
- Certified or certification eligible with a Nationally recognized phlebotomy certification organization, One year of experience in an inpatient hospital environment