27 May 2023
Full-Time Certified Physical Therapist – Kumo
We are looking for a physical therapist that is dedicated to their work, compassionate, sensitive, and sensitive to the needs of both patients and coworkers. An ideal applicant will love dealing with a wide range of patients, from young children to the elderly, and be prepared to go above and beyond for them when necessary. In order to restore patients to their prior level of function or a level of function that permits them to achieve greater independence and a higher quality of life, you would be responsible for coordinating care with other healthcare experts as necessary.
Job Title : Certified Physical Therapist
Location : Kumo, Gombe, Nigeria
Salary : $ 37.46 per hour.
Company : GenCorp Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Restore, maintain, and encourage optimal physical function, as well as optimal wellness, fitness, and quality of life, in terms of movement and health.
- Treatment plans are developed or adjusted based on the outcomes of tests and evaluations of a patient’s muscular and sensory development, motor function, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency.
- Appreciates the varying reimbursement structures of various insurance companies and effectively allocates therapy funds to residents with a view toward achieving their desired outcomes prior to discharge.
- Incorporate a Plan of Care, ensure that the patient is held accountable for following it, and adjust the timeline and plan as needed according to the patient’s development.
- Patients should be given knowledge and training in order to reduce the need for medication and to offer surgical alternatives.
- Physical therapists teach patients how to utilize various assistive and supportive equipment, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses, as well as how to do daily living tasks and non-manual exercises.
- The physical therapist meets with the patient’s doctor and other medical professionals to learn more about the patient, modify the treatment plan as needed, and coordinate physical therapy with the rest of the patient’s health care.
- Encourage the client’s progress toward mutually agreed-upon goals and a discharge plan by giving the client’s family and/or other caregiver’s guidance and consultation as necessary.
- Prevent the start, symptoms, and progression of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities in order to avoid impairments, limitations on daily activities, and disabilities that may come from illnesses, disorders, conditions, or injuries.
- Conduct initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations in accordance with APTA guidelines and national and local regulations.
- Possessing knowledge and expertise in the fields of rehabilitation, Orthopedics, and medical/surgical settings is preferred as evidence of possessing the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
- Competencies in listening, caring, and pushing patients to their boundaries in a healthy way are highly sought after.
- The ideal candidate will be a natural leader with a strong desire to grow professionally.
- At least one year of experience providing care in a nursing home, hospital, or inpatient/outpatient setting is necessary.
- One must have completed a program leading to a degree in physical therapy that has been recognized by the American Physical Therapy Association.