Full-Time Advanced Managing Editor – Chhindwara
You, as managing editor, will be tasked with overseeing the entire production process, from contract signing to product delivery. This includes managing the project’s budget, schedule, and output finances; communicating with stakeholders about any deviations; staying in close contact with the writer/editor during the project’s development; and guaranteeing the quality of the final product (s).
Job Title : Advanced Managing Editor
Location : Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh, India
Salary : $ 33.15 per hour.
Company : Weyerhauser Company
Job Type : Full-Time
- Establishing and maintaining open lines of communication with the author; providing the author with updates on the status of the workflow; describing the author’s responsibilities and the processes involved in the creation of the content; accepting delivery of the finished output.
- Using information of the publishing program and author base, I collaborate with the editorial/senior managing editor to create publication plans for the following year.
- Working with Editorial to develop a timeline and make sure the right data is in the system from the contracting stage through the product life cycle.
- Keeping track of projects as they go through the lifecycle of content creation, updating schedules as necessary, and communicating with stakeholders about any significant deviations from FY goals.
- Work with the retail team, neighborhood museums, and print-on-demand suppliers to complete orders for both retail and wholesale.
- Create money-making options include selling Magazine in retail settings like bookshops and overseeing the development of a successful advertising program that spans content channels.
- employing the right instrument to monitor project expenses versus previously agreed-upon budgets, alerting stakeholders to any discrepancies, and troubleshooting.
- Encourage the creation of excellent written materials by other departments, such as membership materials, program fliers, and exhibition labels.
- manage ongoing updates to the workplace style guide, focusing on more inclusive and equitable wording.
- Work with freelance and on-staff designers, authors, copy editors, and producers.
- understands how company decisions affect the bottom line, cash flow, and ROI.
- comprehends the different steps involved in creating content from beginning to end, including content acquisition, development, production, and distribution.
- manages the process of acquiring permissions and settling fees for the publication of previously unpublished articles, images, and other forms of copyrighted property in journals.
- expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and email
- expert understanding of book and other media publication processes, especially in the digital space.